Step 1 > Login and add workers
On business registration approval (stage 1), Pegasus will email you login details to register your workers.
Using these emailed details, login and add your workers – you’ll start by selecting Manage Roles and then Add New Employee. From here you can enter and save their personal contact details, address, phone and email.
If a worker is already a registered cardholder, you may proceed to Step 3 to select their site and role for this project.
Step 2 > Pay for worker registration and contractor card
Pay for your worker’s registration and order their contractor cards to work for Transgrid.
- Year 1 costs $90 + GST per worker for the management of roles, verification of documents, inductions and supply of card.
- Year 2 costs $45 + GST per worker.
A tax invoice will be supplied on payment. If your workers hold current registrations in the Transgrid WSAT system, there is no additional cost to add their roles on this site.
Step 3 > Select site and roles
Select Work Roles > Add Site and select the Sydney East Substation Redevelopment site. The project role Sydney East Substation Redevelopment – Site Access will be auto-assigned to the worker.
Select All Roles > Add new role to select the worker’s technical role:
Technical Role (compulsory)
- trade role or work activity (can be multiple) e.g. labourer, licenced electrician, EWP Operator >11m
- requirement: compulsory – workers must be assigned at least one Technical Role (refer to Sydney East Substation Redevelopment Site – Skills Matrix below)
Transgrid’s Power Systems Safety Rules (PSSR) or Environmental Rules role may also need to be added to a worker’s profile. PSSR roles are required if:
- minimum mandatory training requirements for all individuals who are required to work on, or near the Transgrid network e.g. PSSR 1.0 – Safe Access to Substations
- requirement: the identification of the appropriate PSSR and environment authorisation and worker role requirements is typically identified during the project establishment phase. Please discuss with the Transgrid Project Manager, Site Manager or owner of ‘the works’ to clarify the requirements.
Step 4 > Upload documents
Your role selections will determine the competency documents (licences, cards and qualifications) which you will need to upload in the system to prove your worker can perform the chosen role/s. Pegasus will validate the documents you have uploaded during the registration of your workers.
Step 4 > Book site induction
When you are registering a new worker, you will also be able to book your worker’s site induction. New workers to the Sydney East Redevelopment Project are required to complete an online Transgrid Site Induction, which can be completed prior to the worker arriving at site or on their first day on site.
Once a workers is registered for their online Transgrid Site Induction, they will receive an email with a link and login details to complete it. Their result will need to be sighted and signed off by the relevant Transgrid Site Representative on the worker’s first day on site.
Pleasure ensure each worker has a unique email address listed against their profile in WSAT. They will need access to this email account to receive their Online Site Induction.
Contractor cards (Pegasus ID cards)
Upon document approval and induction completion, the roles will be applied to your worker’s profile and contractor cards issued. The contractor card/Pegasus ID card will be sent to the workers nominated address, this could be your business’s address. Please ensure that all workers receive their card prior to commencing work at site.
It’s important that you keep worker’s details up to date, and you’ll be emailed about expiring documents and information to stay compliant. You may also elect to invite your workers to the Transgrid Worker Portal, which allows them to manage their own profile. Visit the Worker Portal page for more information.