- System user guide and video: Business pre-qualification – registration and renewal
- System user guide and video: Worker registration and induction bookings
Power System Safety Rules
The purpose of TransGrid’s Power System Safety Rules is to keep workers safe when they are exposed to the hazards of working on a transmission network.
TransGrid Training Group
TransGrid Training Group provide company specific and nationally recognised (RTO) training for external partners and subcontractors.
Demonstration Webinar for Contractors
To be completed before a classroom course booking.
This Knowledge Base includes steps to check company compliance, search for and edit employees, run reports on competencies or work hours, and create users, among other helpful tips. This process can be completed in Onsite, the Pegasus software that powers the TransGrid Worker Safety, Authorisation and Training System.
The Business Rules specify the requirements of the documents you upload in the system. Ensuring your documents meet these requirements will save time and have your business and workers approved faster.
Complete and return this form if you have a new worker who is already registered to a different company in the system, and you need them added to your company. Workers can be removed from your company by an administrator directly in the system. Instructions on how to complete this process are available under the End Employment sub-heading of this page: https://kb.pegasus.net.au/display/OCCS/Person
Safety and Environment Management System Review Links
- Safe Work Method Statements overview
- Pegasus Safety Management System Knowledge Base
- SafeWork NSW
- WorkSafe Victoria
- WorkCover WA
- SafeWork SA
- WorkSafe Queensland
- Safe Work Australia
- SAI Global
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I register in the system?
Select the FIND MY PROJECT button at the top of the page to find and select the project you will be working on.
From the project’s page, you will be able to begin in the TransGrid Worker Safety, Authorisation and Training System, and register your business.
Once you have registered both your business and workers (you will be emailed login details to register workers on business registration approval), you can create an account in Pegasus Gateway (button at the top of the page).
How much does registration in the system cost?
- Year 1 costs $125 + GST for the verification of your documents and information, and the maintenance of your account. A desktop Safety Management System (SMS) review of your procedures and policies by a safety specialist (valid for two years) costs $750 + GST for a total year 1 cost of $875 + GST.
- Year 2 costs $125 + GST annually.
- Year 1 costs $90 + GST per worker for the management of roles, verification of documents, inductions and contractor card.
- Year 2 costs $45 + GST per worker.
What documents do I need to upload to register?
The documents you upload will depend on the work your business does for TransGrid.
- Insurances such as Workers Compensation and Public Liability
- Company Trade Licences
- Safety and Environment Management System (SEMS) documentation or AS4801 compliance information
- Passport-sized photograph
- Generic induction cards
- High risk licences
- Trade or tertiary qualifications
- Certificates or statements of attainment
How does the system benefit contractors?
Registration ensures you are aligning to TransGrid Health and Safety commitments, representing our firm position that all accidents are preventable and risk management is key to achieving our goal of zero injuries.
The system is your opportunity to prove you have the systems, qualifications and competencies to work safely for TransGrid.
- joining an online database of trusted and qualified businesses and workers
- having higher quality work opportunities because you can prove you’re fit to work
- maintaining an online, portable profile
- receiving electronic reminders to stay compliant and ready to work
- having licences, competencies, inductions, and documents verified by qualified auditors and industry specialists
- managing your own profile – roles, competencies, and training – in the Pegasus system at any time, 24/7
- accessing a support centre of industry and software specialists if you need help reaching compliance or navigating the system.
- enjoying a transparent cost model
Who do I contact if I have questions about the system?
You can contact Pegasus, who manages the system on behalf of TransGrid. Visit Contact Us for details.
How is our data protected?
Pegasus is committed to protecting and safeguarding the privacy of personal information and we take seriously the trust placed in us by our clients and their workforce.