The TransGrid Worker Safety, Authorisation and Training System process to work on the Sydney East Substation Redevelopment is completed in two parts: business registration, and worker registration, including induction bookings.
We suggest you read through the instructions and give yourself time to source the information needed to work on this project. Your administrators will complete this process for your business and each worker.
If your business is already registered, you may login to the system via Pegasus Gateway, and follow the instructions under Stage 2: Register Your Workers to ensure each employee is site-ready for this project.
Video and document user guides can be found from the Help and Resources page.
LET’S GET STARTED
Stage 1: Register Your Business (click to expand instructions)
Step 1 > Register a username and password
The TransGrid Worker Safety, Authorisation and Training (WSAT) System can be found by clicking the button below:
Start by entering a username of your choosing, plus your email address and a password. You’ll be emailed confirmation.
Step 2 > Register business details and answer profile questions
Using your new details, login to the WSAT system.
Follow the process to register your business by answering profile questions and selecting the insurances and licences you can supply to support your registration.
Step 3 > Pay for registration
If you already have a valid business registration in the TransGrid WSAT system, there is no additional cost. If this is your first time registering your business:
- Year 1 costs $125 + GST for the verification of your documents and information, and the maintenance of your account. A desktop Safety Management System (SMS) review of your procedures and policies by a safety specialist (valid for two years) costs $750 + GST for a total year 1 cost of $875 + GST.
- Year 2 costs $125 + GST annually.
Step 4 > Upload documents for verification
You will be prompted to upload copies of the licences and insurances you selected in step 2 for verification.
Documents may include but are not limited to:
– Public and Product Liability Insurance
– Workers Compensation Insurance
– Company Trade Licences
You will also be required to complete a Safety and Environment Management System (SEMS) review of your policies and procedures. The system will step you through which documents you need to upload for verification.
You’ll be emailed when your documents are verified or if any corrections are required to finalise your company registration.
To complete your registration, you will next be invited to register your workers. Please click to expand Stage 2.
Stage 2: Register Your Workers (click to expand instructions)
Step 1 > Login and add workers
On business registration approval (stage 1), Pegasus will email you login details to register your workers.
Using these emailed details, login and add your workers – you’ll start by selecting Manage Roles and then Add New Employee. From here you can enter and save their personal contact details, address, phone and email.
If a worker is already a registered cardholder, you may proceed to Step 3 to select their site and role for this project.
Step 2 > Pay for worker registration and contractor card
Pay for your worker’s registration and order their contractor cards to work for TransGrid.
- Year 1 costs $90 + GST per worker for the management of roles, verification of documents, inductions and supply of card.
- Year 2 costs $45 + GST per worker.
A tax invoice will be supplied on payment. If your workers hold current registrations in the TransGrid WSAT system, there is no additional cost to add their roles on this site.
Step 3 > Select site and roles
Select Work Roles > Add Site and select the Sydney East Substation Redevelopment site. The project role Sydney East Substation Redevelopment – Site Access will be auto-assigned to the worker.
Select All Roles > Add new role to select the worker’s technical role:
Technical Role (compulsory)
- trade role or work activity (can be multiple) e.g. labourer, licenced electrician, EWP Operator >11m
- requirement: compulsory – workers must be assigned at least one Technical Role (refer to Sydney East Substation Redevelopment Site – Skills Matrix below)
TransGrid’s Power Systems Safety Rules (PSSR) or Environmental Rules role may also need to be added to a worker’s profile. PSSR roles are required if:
- minimum mandatory training requirements for all individuals who are required to work on, or near the TransGrid network e.g. PSSR 1.0 – Safe Access to Substations
- requirement: the identification of the appropriate PSSR and environment authorisation and worker role requirements is typically identified during the project establishment phase. Please discuss with the TransGrid Project Manager, Site Manager or owner of ‘the works’ to clarify the requirements.
Step 4 > Upload documents
Your role selections will determine the competency documents (licences, cards and qualifications) which you will need to upload in the system to prove your worker can perform the chosen role/s. Pegasus will validate the documents you have uploaded during the registration of your workers.
Step 4 > Book site induction
When you are registering a new worker, you will also be able to book your worker’s site induction. New workers to the Sydney East Redevelopment Project are required to complete an online TransGrid Site Induction, which can be completed prior to the worker arriving at site or on their first day on site.
Once a workers is registered for their online TransGrid Site Induction, they will receive an email with a link and login details to complete it. Their result will need to be sighted and signed off by the relevant TransGrid Site Representative on the worker’s first day on site.
Pleasure ensure each worker has a unique email address listed against their profile in WSAT. They will need access to this email account to receive their Online Site Induction.
Contractor cards (Pegasus ID cards)
Upon document approval and induction completion, the roles will be applied to your worker’s profile and contractor cards issued. The contractor card/Pegasus ID card will be sent to the workers nominated address, this could be your business’s address. Please ensure that all workers receive their card prior to commencing work at site.
It’s important that you keep worker’s details up to date, and you’ll be emailed about expiring documents and information to stay compliant. You may also elect to invite your workers to the TransGrid Worker Portal, which allows them to manage their own profile. Visit the Worker Portal page for more information.
My worker will be starting at the Sydney East Substation Redevelopment site and is not registered in WSAT – what do I do?
- Register your worker in the WSAT system (follow instructions in Stage 2: Register Your Workers)
- As part of registration, assign them to the Sydney East Redevelopment Project and the Sydney East Substation Redevelopment – Site Access role.
- You will need to assign them:
- One (or multiple as applicable) Technical Roles – compulsory (refer to Sydney East Substation Redevelopment Site – Skills Matrix below)
- Power Systems Safety Rules (PSSR) or Environmental Role – as deemed by a TransGrid Site Representative
- Enrol the worker in an online Site Induction course – they will be emailed a link and login details to complete this induction.
- The result of the induction will checked and signed off by the relevant TransGrid Site Representative when the worker attends site for the first time.
They must carry a contractor card/Pegasus ID card at all times on site.
My worker is registered in the TransGrid WSAT system and currently working at the Sydney East Substation Redevelopment site – what do I need to do?:
Your worker must hold the Sydney East Substation Redevelopment – Site Access role in the system, and carry a contractor card at all times on site.
For the Sydney East Project, TransGrid has assigned the Sydney East Substation Redevelopment – Site Access role to some workers profiles based on pre-existing records. To check to ensure all workers have the correct roles assigned, please follow the below instructions:
- Login to Pegasus Gateway
- Once you have clicked the TransGrid tile from Pegasus Gateway, you will be at the system dashboard.
- Click the Manage Companies tile to check the registration of your business,
- Manage Employees to add a new worker, or Manage Roles to get them compliant to work on site.
- Each worker must hold these roles, which are selected after choosing Sydney East Substation Redevelopment as their site:
- Sydney East Substation Redevelopment – Site Access (auto-assigned)
- Trade or task role they complete on site
- Power System Safety Rules
If the worker has already completed their site induction at the Sydney East Site, they will not have to do another induction.
My worker is registered in the TransGrid WSAT system and will soon be working at the Sydney East Substation Redevelopment site – what do I do?:
Follow the steps under Step 2: Register Your Workers, and then all steps from Step 3 to get them registered for site.
Once you have completed both stages to register, the system can be accessed by creating a Pegasus Gateway account, and adding the TransGrid tile. This allows you to access both parts of the TransGrid WSAT System from one place with one login. Click the Pegasus Gateway button at the top of the page once you’re all registered.